Improving Business Productivity
Scientific Research Organisation – Document Management and Process Improvement
iThink 365 worked with a scientific research organisation to simplify the management and process of publishing their publications.
After working with iThink 365 the organisation had the following results:
- Users provided the right information at the right time.
- User found the system much easier to use.
- The right information was being captured.
- Marketing had less work to do.
- Marketing provided less support to the users.
- Approvals could be done out of the office, anytime and anywhere.
- The publications could be written in or out of the office.
- Authors could work together on the same document at the same time.
The organisation had an existing process running on SharePoint. The solution would allow a publication author to be able to submit a publication for approval. Once approved by a committee of people then it passed to Marketing to publish and promote the publication.
iThink365 ran a couple of workshops to work with the Marketing team to redesign the process and show them the “art of the possible”.
The result was a wizard interface that took the user through the process step by step. This meant that users provided the right information at the right time.
The solution was based on Office 365 using four services:
- SharePoint Online.
- Microsoft Flow.
- Microsoft PowerApps.
- Microsoft Outlook / Exchange Online.
Since launch in June 2019 almost 150 publications have gone through the process.