Trans Global Projects enable Incident Management with Power Platform
Trans Global Projects is a worldwide logistics project management provider that uses shipping, and road haulage amongst many other transportation solutions to project manage the delivery of their client’s cargo. Their customer list is extensive and contains many of the world’s Fortune 500 companies.
Trans Global Projects approached iThink 365 to help them build a new Incident Management Application as their current solution was at end of its life, running on old technology and difficult to manage and maintain.
The Incident Management Application needed to be cost-effective, allowing any authorised person to be able to create, describe, track and document any incidents that occurred.
In addition, they needed:
- an approval process to close the incident.
- Integration with their list of clients, and suppliers from Cargowise.
- Reporting to enable tracking and ensuring quality when managing the incidents.
- control of the incident documentation and related evidence.
- Security to ensure that users could only see the incidents that they were authorised to.
- Enable clients and suppliers to access the incident if needed.
The application was available via desktop using the Power App. Data was stored in SharePoint Online and Power Automate to deliver approval processes. The compliance admin team are able to manage and maintain the system.
Power BI was used to publish a set of reports and visualisations which give an easy-to-use and simple interface to open incidents. Further enhancements are going to at how to enable further analytics.
The application is made available via SharePoint Online. User Guides and Admin guides help Trans Global Projects to understand and train their new starters as needed.
Finally, iThink 365 are providing application support via its support service.
The application is still in its infancy but so far the organisation has benefited from the following:
- Incidents are easily accessible and managed from anywhere in the world at any time.
- Users have found the application easy to use.
- The team have saved time to capture the incidents and reporting has made it easier for the management team to keep track of incidents that are not being closed down.